The school has the aim of offering overview and training of scientific communication skills and outreach in all its forms.
The school will treat communication not only with an “educative aim” but also with a “scientific aim”.
The lecturers will therefore not only present an overview of science communication from a theoretical point of view, but also will offer practical activities on abstract/paper writing and poster editing, on proposal and report drafting, and on how to improve communication to policymakers, schools and general public.
The school will consist of lectures combined with the practical application of the material covered in the lectures through lab sessions about the following topics:
– How to write a scientific paper
– How to write a proposal at international level
– How to prepare a poster for conference/workshop
– How to prepare a conference talk
– Communication to general public
– Communication to school students and kids (kindergarden)
– Communication through social networks and internet
– Communication to policymakers
– Communication through the art and laboratories
Science Communication School
GeoScience Communication School